Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pisco in Peru

We made it to Peru!

The last couple days in Chicago were totes the best though the two of us experienced anxiety like never before..well sort of.  But were in!! We couldnt possibly feel th way we did two days ago from here on out... however I am doubting that thought in our minds a tiny tiny bit.

Our entire travel time yesterday flew by (hehe)... from Chicago to Houston the ride was quick, we sat next to a man named Chris, he was nice but I started to think he thought I was hitting on him or something?  I always feel challenged to speak to people sitting next to me on the plane but his wife was peepin at me so turned to Dom and we both passed out.  We didnt have much of a lay over, about 50 minutes in Houston and boy Texans are different.  The flight from Houston to Lima was full and the man next to us (Mike as we later came to know) was huuuuge, not like fat huge just a massive man, he was forced to sit spread eagle the entire flight and this man made Dom look super small.  Wwe became friends though, sort of, he gave us some advice on Peru and helped me on the bookworm game I was playing because neither dominics or my tv worked for movies! sad news...

We got in at about 10:30 Pm, its nice because there is no real time change so no jet lag. even though me and brit were practicing our spanish on the way over and purchased a little handy translator, we were a little overwhelemed by how fast and how much spanish was being thrown at us by taxi drivers and custom officers. we got into a little black car that luckily dropped us off at our hostel no problemo, and felt like we needed to see a little bit of this foriegn city... pisco sours! and a pulled chicken sandwich that brit ate most of haha. we are rested and getting ready to get on a bus today headed for tacna... StAY TUNed folKs.

No comments:

Post a Comment